Dental implants are an ideal solution for replacing missing teeth, bridges or dentures and the next best thing to natural teeth.
Dental implants are small titanium screws that are placed into the jawbone to create a permanent new root.
A natural tooth colored crown is then placed over the dental implant.
The dental implant is surgically placed in the jawbone and functions as an anchor for the replacement tooth.
After bonding is formed between the jawbone and the dental implant, the implant can then firmly support a crown, bridge or denture.
This procedure allows one or more teeth to be replaced without affecting neighboring teeth and is a long term solution for teeth loss.
* Replace one or more teeth without affecting bordering teeth.
* Support a bridge and eliminate the need for a removable denture.
* Provide support for a denture, making it more secure and comfortable.
1. Increased confidence and self esteem
With dental implants you no longer have to worry about your dentures slipping and cracking while eating or speaking. It looks and acts like your natural teeth and are secure.
2. Improved appearance
* Once teeth are lost, the jawbone gradually shrinks, making the face look older.
* This bone loss and gum shrinkage can be prevented by dental implants which is not possible with traditional bridgework and dentures.
* Implant-supported teeth look, feel and function like natural teeth.
3. Improved comfort
* Usually a denture rests on top of the gum and jawbone causing discomfort and pain. This can be prevented by dental implants as they are anchored firmly to the jawbone.
4. Improved speech
* Ill-fitting dentures often result in mumbling, slurred speech or clicking noises.
* In addition, the facial muscles become tense in an attempt to hold the teeth in place.
* Implant-supported teeth enable patients to speak and eat with comfort and confidence.
5. Improved chewing
* A full upper denture covers the roof of the mouth and reduces the ability to taste food.
* With dental implants, food can be tasted and enjoyed significantly better.
* Dental implants can restore chewing efficiency comparable to that of natural teeth.
6. Protection of remaining natural teeth
* For preparation of crowns and bridges, adjacent natural teeth have to be trimmed for supporting the artificial tooth.
* With dental implants, there is no need to sacrifice the natural teeth as it stands alone.
7. Improved reliability
* Success rates for dental implants are very high and the longevity of a implant restoration can be a lifetime.
* Of course good oral health, healthy gum tissue and good bone structure help increase the effectiveness.
* From the initial consultation to the time the final teeth are fitted, the process takes approximately four to six months.
* Some factors will affect the length of the whole process, including, the speed of healing of the implant site, whether bone grafting is needed, and also whether the patient has other medical complications.
* The ideal candidate for a dental implant is in good general and oral health.
* Adequate bone in your jaw is needed to support the implant, and the best candidates have healthy gum tissues that are free of periodontal disease.
* As you know, your own teeth require conscientious at-home oral care and regular dental visits.
* Dental implants are like your own teeth and will require the same care.
* In order to keep your implant clean and plaque-free, brushing and flossing still apply!
* Periodic follow-up visits will be scheduled to monitor your implant, teeth and gums to make sure they are healthy.
For enquiries, do drop us a call or email. Click HERE to find a clinic new you!
You may also wish to fill up the form below.